A Kinda Resurrection of Pigs

This article is interesting for the experiment on reviving the organs of dead pigs. Warning: the lower paragraphs bother on and on about Christian belief and “God”.

Quote:
A group of Yale scientists injected the bodies of dead pigs with a new concoction that brought the organs of dead animals back to a partial level of life.
The pigs had been dead for more than an hour — no blood circulating, no brainwaves, just dead. But when the scientists coupled their new concoction with a machine to start the beasts’ hearts pumping again, things changed things considerably.
Although the pigs were not considered conscious in any way, their seemingly dead cells revived. Their hearts began to beat as the solution, which the scientists called OrganEx, circulated in veins and arteries. Cells in their organs, including the heart, liver, kidneys and brain, were functioning again, and the animals never got stiff like a typical dead pig.

4 Likes

Interesting. I would think that, if their brains were brought back to functioning, they would be alive?

3 Likes

A “concoction”, then hooked up to a “machine” and …Lightening, I hope, just to make it more interesting and Green.

There must be some application for this project. I am thinking that trying this on an actual living human would be the next best experiment. There are a few perfect specimens in DC that I can recommend: Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi…the VP isn’t decrepit enough, yet, and Nancy may remain stiff.

4 Likes