A Garden at Auschwitz

Needs to be read in full.

And all the links need to be followed.

And the film needs to be seen.

1 Like

Yes I hope to see this movie. The description raises the disturbing question - how do civilized people get to that point - mass psychosis, or what?

1 Like

I’ve sent the article to my Kindle for further assessment.

2 Likes

I did not see The Zone of Interest although I said it should be seen.

Daniel Greenfield writes about it at FrontPage. I trust him. And the message he takes from it is one with which I am in total sympathy.

He writes:

The Zone of Interest was not a movie about the Holocaust, it was a movie about why the bourgeoisie are bad.

Is it any wonder that Jonathan Glazer, its director, took the podium at the Oscars to explain why he believes that the middle-class Jews raped, killed, and burned to death by Hamas on Oct 7 are the real villains?

There’s been a long history of leftists universalizing and hijacking the Holocaust before turning it against the Jews. Glazer’s The Zone of Interest is only one of many entries and relatively unsuccessful compared to some others like the Anne Frank play (as opposed to the actual diary.)

A Holocaust movie getting this far in the Oscar sweepstakes in 2024, at a time when DEI dominates the industry, should have been a tip off.

Last year’s One Life, a far better movie about the Holocaust, with far better performances, was not nominated. Neither were genuinely interesting projects like The Survivor and Shttl, which dealt with not only Nazism but Communism, didn’t get very far either.

Instead, The Zone of Interest, an adaptation of Martin Amis’ really wacky fictional work, run through the lens by Jonathan Glazer, a filmmaker known for making oddball movies, was celebrated because its message about the Holocaust was about the complacency and complicity of the bourgeoisie. And that is a message leftists could enjoy.

The movie stripped out the Jews and the role of antisemitism, much as Glazer did at the Oscars, so that it could turn the Holocaust against the Jews.

Movies like The Zone of Interest reveal how the Holocaust is weaponized against Jews. Glazer did us all a favor by putting the movie’s real agenda on display.

The Zone of Interest was a morally bad movie from a bad human being. People shouldn’t have been cheering it even before Jonathan Glazer came out against Jews and for Hamas the best response to it is to ignore the movie and make sure it doesn’t appear in any Holocaust canon filmography.

Glazer and The Zone of Interest both deserve to be forgotten.

1 Like

I apologize to all readers of this post for misleading them.

I should have seen the film myself before posting a recommendation of it.

But readers will in any case decide for themselves whether to see it or not.

1 Like

Not for you to apologize - FrontPage posted the article praising it to begin with! And even if the article mistakenly praised it, I still learned alot from the links contained in it about the Holocaust.
But its not surprising that a leftist would have the ulterior motive Greenfield speaks of.
The left has always used people as tools for it’s agenda, and as this movie shows, even Holocaust victims are fair game.
To the left, nothing is sacred, and logic is irrelevant.
The tragedy of the Holocaust, and its Jewish victims, can be used to demonize middle class whites, while in real life, the same leftists are demonizing the descendants of those victims (as “Nazis”, no less!) for defending themselves from another massacre by Muslim savages.
The savages are now exalted as the new victims.
You just can’t make this crap up. But the left does!

1 Like