A Confederacy of Dunces, take 2

3 Likes

Now THAT’S REALLY GOOD!

Oh, yes!

3 Likes

I’m calling it the “take 2” version here, but it’s really the first version that I did this afternoon. The ELONALD version was then done specially to post on Twitter and a couple of other groups that aren’t quite as Trump-friendly. I also added it as a comment to your post about "A Plea for Him To Tweet Again.

For Christmas, my niece gave me a biography of Confederacy of Dunces author John Kennedy Toole, who happens to be my second cousin once removed. His father and my maternal grandmother were first cousins, so Ken and my mother were second cousins. I don’t think our families had much contact, because (or so I heard) his mother Thelma thought they were too good to associate with our side of the family. She was sort of crazy. Once in the mid sixties when there had just been a death in the extended family, she accompanied the widow (another cousin of my maternal grandmother) to our house, toting a six pack of Dixie (a local New Orleans brewery). :relaxed:

3 Likes

A six pack of Dixie?

3 Likes

Bottles, of course. She’d never drink out of a can. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Great meme, and quite an interesting family history!

1 Like

Of course…bottles only for me! That is for the couple of times I actually drink a beer. :upside_down_face:

except cans last longer…

1 Like