Trump prepares to be arrested

I honestly do not know what would happen to a well-ordered protest around the country that would meet force. Not what the DC/MD LEOs, the National Guard, the Military would do, how they would react to demands to put down the protests should they be determined to be violent. And I don’t know what that would lead to.

I do know that the FBI cannot be trusted. Anitfa will most certainly be used to create violence. People are angry and frustrated and scared. It would be a tinderbox.

2 Likes

Quote:
Mark Levin, a renowned conservative radio host and Fox News anchor, launched a fiery defense of Donald Trump and criticized Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, describing the potential indictment and arrest of the former president for a “hush-money” payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels, calling it an assault on civil society and its moral foundations.
“Let me tell you something. When the people lose faith in the law, the country’s done. And the people are losing faith in the law because the Democrat Party, Democrat prosecutors in Manhattan, a Soros prosecutor, wants them to lose faith in the law. Their whole goal is to destroy the civil society and the morality that undergirds it. That is the mission of the Democrat Party.”
“How many times have they gone after this man, Donald Trump?” Levin continued. “What exactly has he done to deserve this? Why are they studying his life like they are studying an archaeological site? Why are they looking for novel legal theories to go after the man? Why are they trying to turn a law upside down — which is what they are trying to do?

2 Likes

I totally agree with Levin on this. The whole goal of Soros and the Democrats is to “destroy civil society and the morality that undergirds it.”

2 Likes

It is because President Trump was forged in this fire during his presidency and the years afterward that he is the ideal person to go back in the battle.

2 Likes

A question: If Trump is arrested and charged, does that nix him as a candidate or would he have to be tried and indicted? And does indicted mean that he is found guilty? Or just charged without a trial yet?

If he is found guilty, then he would be unable to hold office, correct?

Sorry…just not clear on all the terminology…and thanks in advance for any clarification.

1 Like

No, an arrest would not stop his candidacy.

Being charged is being indicted.

If he is indicted he will be tried.

If he is found guilty, or even if he is sent to prison, his candidacy will not be stopped. If he were to be elected while in prison, he would be president.

All that according to legal opinions I have read.

But please check.

2 Likes

Oh…thanks, Jillian.

Added to the drama, this from ZeroHedge:

The only massive protests I have heard or heard about, so far, are the ones from Trump hating Leftists. Has anyone heard of protesters protesting en masse against the possible indictment?

1 Like

But now there is this:

2 Likes

Yes, I am certain that they had a very good reason…

2 Likes

Law Professor Jonathan Turley writes:
“Even if Trump is convicted, that would not be a barrier to taking office. The Constitution limits qualification for the presidency to being at least 35 years old, a natural-born citizen, and a U.S. resident for at least 14 years.
Even if he were jailed, he still could be elected president.”

There are no crimes.

2 Likes

This keeps the “public” focused on “much ado about nothing” and off all the really important and nation-threatening goings on. Or that is what they believe, but I wonder if most people are that concerned about this mess?

2 Likes

Concerned only to the extent that it will interfere with his ability to govern (like the previous sham investigations and impeachments) and for what it says about our weaponized disgrace of a justice system.

2 Likes