The Populist Delusion

The Left tells the masses that Conservatives use their power to abuse and Conservatives feel shame, but feel it is beneath them to argue in public. The Left uses their power to abuse, but tells the masses that they are doing good, and the masses applaud and the noise cancels out any protests.

It is difficult to amass the power needed to aid beneficial action, while not pissing off the Left, becoming their target and offending the ignorant masses. They will find a reason to hate you.

It is not dirty work, but necessary work…and somebody does have to do it. If not good people, then who? Good people get tired of being targeted and most often standing alone, so we get whomever is willing, has the funding to campaign and can stand the heat, and sometimes that goes wrong.

Politics is like a civil war, but is mostly not so civil at all.

4 Likes

My mistake. Yes, it was the commenter, not Douglas Murray himself, who said that.

4 Likes

I like the way you put that, “the covid-19 fraud”. My hunch is that, at the point where the first impeachment looked sure to fizzle out, the democrats came up with covid, courtesy of Fauci’s connections to Wuhan, etc. It’s a bad virus, probably engineered, not quite up to scale of a strategic bio-weapon, but bad enough to be a deadly threat only or mostly to medically and immunologically compromised people. Effective therapeutics like ivermectin and HCQ+Zinc were suppressed and condemned because they were known to work and would have ended the ‘crisis’ being imposed and exaggerated by the government ‘public health’ agencies and media. Doctors were losing their jobs and having their board certifications revoked for treating and curing their patients with the prohibited drugs.

4 Likes