Glenn Greenwald’s Twitter thread

Well, your probably right about most places outside of the middle east, for now - just don’t move to Detroit. I read recently that it’s now run entirely by Muslims. And of course Biden is still shipping them into every other place, without anyone’s consent.

3 Likes

They CALL it “a public order offence” or a “hate crime” because they have to refer to an actual law. But there was no public disorder when Weston quoted Churchill (or if there was, it was not he who was disorderly), and the very idea of making the “hate” of anything a crime is absurd. Such victims of the new tyranny were in fact arrested because they criticized Islam. I have read of many other arrests in Britain for the same - including, probably, though I can’t at this moment give actual quotations - at a first rate website called “The Participator”.

How many of Tommy Robinson’s arrests were in fact - whatever the pretext - simply because he criticized Islam, Muslims, Sharia, no-go Muslim-captured areas?

Actually, your door IS on their knocking list, Chauncey. More than likely, anyway. Britons are the most surveyed nation in the late free world.

3 Likes

Yes the new tyranny is built on absurdities such as the concept of “hate” being a crime. Of course “racism”, “islamophobia”, “homophobia”, “transphobia”, etc, all fall into this category.
Who knows what else. Basically anything the tyrants don’t like.

3 Likes

The mere existence of such celebrities demonstrates a large difference between the West and China today. There are no celebrities criticizing govt. policy in China to my knowledge anyway. The numbers criticizing Islam in the West are not enormous, but frankly I think that’s got more to do with fear of jihadis than fear of the law.

The scamdemic has created a whole new set of people who are speaking out publicly against the powers that be, something I find very encouraging. I had never heard of any of these people before 2020 but now they are appearing in the news regularly (these are just a few of the people in the UK & Ireland off the top of my head):

Dr Mike Yeadon, Professor Dolores Cahill, Dr Tess Lawrie, Dr John Campbell, Dr Sam White, Dr Clare Craig, Professor Fenton, Joel Smalley,

Also there are some who were in the public eye but have come out as opponents of the government policies in these last 2 years such as Neil Oliver (used to be just a harmless historian on TV at the BBC). None of these people would have been allowed to speak in this manner in China, they would all have been sent off to prison camps.

Then there’s also the pundits like Toby Young (who runs the Daily Sceptic , and the many at TCW (both of which sites I link to frequently). Toby was even defended by Johnson the PM as recently as 2018, this would simply be unthinkable in China! Toby has since admitted voting for Johnson was a mistake mind you:

Western civilization is not over yet, yes we’re on a very bad trajectory (we’re all entirely clear about that here I think) but it’s not over yet, and many things could happen in the future that would cause an upset and reverse the tide, including the persistence of all these people in standing up to the rising tyranny. That’s all I’m really trying to say here, it’s not over yet.

3 Likes

Yes, we do agree on the trajectory, and your right, many things could happen (hopefully) to change it.
As Yogi Berra famously said, “It ain’t over til it’s over.” I tend to look at the overall trajectory over the last 50 years, and see us in a downward spiral.
But, there are always exceptions to the rule!

3 Likes

Yes BUT -

The very fact that you write this, listing those few names of people who DARE to criticize and oppose, demonstrates that Britain is no longer a free country.

Right, Britain is not (yet?) the tyranny China is. But being unfree and fearful of government is the real and tragic condition. When a citizen feels the need to console himself and others with a reckoning of the degrees of tyranny he is subject to, the horror is upon them.

It is upon us in America too. Is there a free nation left on earth? Tell me where it is. Sweden? Sweden is sick with the appalling disease of Islam.

2 Likes