Black Women Slave Owners and Traders in Africa

Of course not all black people will see it that way - I’m just saying it’s in there, just like the leftist political slant they insert into everything.
The lgbtq crap in Disney; Superman is gay or something, now. I’m not complaining about blacks, I’m complaining about the leftists who ruin everything these days by using it as a vehicle for propaganda.

2 Likes

But while we’re on it, Jeanne … Why would a film about good blacks defeating bad whites inspire a black audience to bravery by example but not inspire a hatred of whites by the same example?

1 Like

Good point!

Yes, they do. Not all comic books, but many do. I haven’t kept up with Archie, but you will find the search for justice and the black and white and grey areas of justice, vengeance, law and order.

1 Like

Yes, I agree that it is there, as is the climate crisis.

1 Like

I think I wrote that as an unfortunate by product of this particular movie. Hollywood takes sides.

1 Like

John Nolte’s opinion at Breitbart:

The Woman King. This was supposed to be Black Panther-esque. Instead, over two weeks, it’s made just $37 million after being released in a whopping 3,765 theaters.
Maybe that’s because instead of being marketed as a rousing, crowd-pleasing, universal action movie that happens to star women, it was sold as a Black Girl Empowerment Strike Against Whitey. It was also outed as a big fat lie. As it turns out, the “heroic” tribe of Amazons depicted here were, in reality, brutal slavers who also believed in human sacrifice.
Don’t Worry Darling opened in 4,113 theaters and has grossed just $21 million over five days. Unfortunately, this movie was marketed as an attack on the patriarchy instead of a mystery-thriller everyone could enjoy.
Unless you’re a fascist woketard, who are these movies for? Why would anyone pay $12 to be insulted for two hours? Why would anyone go to all the trouble to be lectured and yelled at for two hours?
Hollywood is so demented that the industry is advertising and promoting its movies as woke, insulting, alienating, and partisan. Basically, you are being told in advance that you are not welcome here. This movie isn’t for you. Stay away.

2 Likes

“Why would anyone pay $12 to be insulted for two hours?” Exactly! And yes, Hollywood is demented, just like the rest of the brainwashed left.

2 Likes

“How could these inaccurately portrayed black women warriors, who defend their country from white invaders not be inspiring to black women?”

What do you mean by “inspiring”? Do movies and TV series where attractive women (white and, increasingly, poc) detectives, agents, spies and assassins in various states of undress violently kick or embrace guys’ ass “inspire” you, as a woman and member of that protected class? Do you think they validate your identity as a woman? Do these thuggish heroines - who routinely get smashed up themselves - “empower” you? Do they offer pay-back for “me too” victims of the rapist patriarchy - which is how the identity cultists believe women do and should see themselves? Do you even watch these shows? (I do, in fascinated disbelief.)

“Inspiring” is a blatant virtue-signal - marketing hype - for the DEI cult. Hollywood cultists may pretend to believe that a movie of scantily clad black women warriors kicking white ass is an affirmation of the BLM riots and validation of hate-whitey mob emotion. More cynical cultural observers may see that the cultists’ checking of the cultist boxes is another way to package and monetize violence. Violence - whether attached to race, nationality, sex, sect etc. - always attracts large audiences. War movies generally are box-office winners, whatever the moral values represented by the sides.

Really, how could anyone, man, woman or child of any complexion who loves a fight - and the sight of blood and bare flesh - not be inspired to buy a movie ticket to this movie?

2 Likes

I have been inspired, not empowered, by many characters on series and movies and comic books and novels (fiction and nonfiction), both male and female, heterosexual and homosexual, alien and Terran. I have been inspired, not empowered, by necessary violence, by war, by revenge, by justice served in court, by handicaps overcome, and by love, compassion, bravery, and loyalty against all odds.

We probably aren’t inspired by the same things, but possibly by similar things.

I can step outside my skin and put my age aside to see how this particular movie might inspire, not empower, people. Truth or not, the experience of immersing oneself in any entertainment medium can be a powerful one, such that some will revisit it over and over again.

I know for a fact that young people will pay for tickets many times, if they really get into the film, especially black kids.

1 Like

Jesus Christ is very much the comic book hero. The prototype. I wonder to what extent Superman etc. were consciously based on him and his story. Child of a god and a human being, superhuman powers, works little pointless “miracles”, badly treated, ends up king of the universe …

On further thoughts, I suggest that Hercules probably haunted the mind of Greek-speaking “St. Paul” when he invented Jesus Christ. Hercules was the child of a god and a mortal, had superhuman powers, performed “impossible” tasks, was treated badly, ended up among the gods … Perhaps he should be called the Ur-ComicBookHero, the prototype.

(Although Jesus of Nazareth was a real man, “Jesus Christ” was the hero of “St. Paul’s” fiction.)

2 Likes

“Trump just may be Superman & Batman, rolled into one,” one user tweeted.
“That’s my man!” another exclaimed. “That’s my president.”

2 Likes

Yes, that’s about how far above Biden Trump is, in every way! Physically, mentally, intellectually, and morally. What an embarrassment Biden is to the nation, and especially to the corrupt Democrats who are propping him up, like the Emperor who had no clothes.

2 Likes